Monday, October 15, 2012

Jemisin Fail, Lyle ftw

I'm afraid I only made it 50 pages into The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms before having to put it to one side. It's all over the place, and I don't have the faintest idea what's going on. Under normal circumstances this would intrigue me, but with work melting my head and making me mad at the world just now, it just isn't working out. I will have to come back to it in happier, more restful times. And right now that feels like a long way off!

Whilst seething and soaking in the bath tonight, I dipped into The Alchemist of Souls, which is one of those "Aha, off we go then!" from the first page types. Much more what the doctor ordered just now. Bedrest and Night's Masque Volume One.


1 comment:

  1. Aww, shame it didn't work out for you. Good luck on Alchemist!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete